Dear LWVN Members,
As I mentioned in my July letter, the Board of Directors scheduled a planning session in August. As a Board, we met on Friday, August 2, and spent the better part of that day and multiple additional meetings, thinking about who we are as a Board and the LWVN priorities. Thank you to the John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club for allowing us to meet at their lovely facility on Watertown Street.
As a result of our meetings and discussions, I am pleased to share our Leadership Standards:
The Board of Directors:
- is non-partisan
- maintains high ethical standards
- ensures that we have consensus and speak with one voice
- maintains transparency as a Board and local LWV
Each member of the Board of Directors:
- stays responsive to Board members and to all LWVN members
- strives to bring forward different views in order to present a well-thought-out position
- honors our individual and Board responsibilities
- remains honest about our own opinions while respecting those of others
Next we decided to introduce, or in some cases re-introduce, ourselves to current and future members. So please visit our enhanced Board of Directors page on our website where we have posted short bios and pictures of each Board member so that you can get to know us better.
In order to set our priorities we first looked at what we do well and where we could do things differently and better. Coming out of our deliberative process are the following priorities, actions and Board Leads, Exhibit A.
In light of these priorities, the LWVN has accomplished, Exhibit B a great deal since I last wrote, …so I am pleased to share all and hope that you will volunteer as we move forward in the new year.
Marcia Johnson, President
October 2019President's Letter, Exhibit A and B