Land Use and Housing Committee Program, 2020-2021
- Champion local zoning reform in harmony with established local, state, and national League positions.
- Work with city officials to ensure transparency and effectiveness relative to the establishment and implementation of Newton’s Inclusionary Zoning lotteries to ensure that the disadvantaged communities have equal access to affordable housing.
- Stay informed of local land use and housing proposals, be prepared to make comments, ask questions, support, or oppose according to LWV positions.
- Examine and work with the state League to support state level housing and zoning legislation.
- Assess effectiveness and relevance of LWVN housing and land use positions.
Any LWVN member interested in joining the Land Use and Housing Committee, please Contact Us.