Day of Action – MA Redistricting Process
April 29 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
LWV is promoting the People Powered Fair Maps Day of Action on April 29 to raise awareness and promote action on redistricting.
LWVMA will be holding a Day of Action focused on the Massachusetts redistricting process and providing background and actions you can take to be involved in the state redistricting process. See details below.
How can you get involved in our People Powered Fair Maps initiative to ensure equity for all residents of the Commonwealth?
Take action with us on Thursday, April 29 by choosing one or all of the following activities:
- Attend the People Powered Day of Action National Kick Off Pep Rally Event April 29 at 10 AM hosted by LWV CEO Virginia Kase. Sign up for email reminders.
- Contact your state rep and senator via email/phone even if you can’t schedule a Zoom meeting.
- Watch LWV Amherst/LWVMA virtual event, Redistricting: Then and Now, featuring former Senate President Stan Rosenberg and current House Redistricting Chair Rep. Michael Moran, April 29 at 7 PM. Register here.
- Write and submit a Letter to the Editor of your local paper. Find a sample here.
- Like, share and retweet social media posts from LWVMA (@LWVMA) and LWVUS (@LWV) related to #PeoplePoweredFairMaps.
- Watch the LWVMA’s March 31 People Powered Fair Maps event featuring Juan Jaramillo and Beth Huang here.
- Read LWVMA testimony to the Special Joint Committee on Redistricting.