Given our goal of educating and informing citizens by engaging them through public conversations on timely and important issues, we thought it important to participate in the City’s extensive community engagement process. One of the ways in which we did this is offering a League Presents series.
Here is the third in our League Presents series on Zoning Redesign. In this episode, Marcia Johnson has a conversation regarding the Village Center Overlay District Ordinance with Jennifer Caira – Deputy Director, Planning & Development Department and Councilor Deb Crossley – Chair Zoning & Planning Committee. Issues discussed included:
- The goals, why these zoning changes are important to the community, and how these goals are being accomplished.
- The key features of the village center districts, as there is not a one-size fits all approach.
- What the Council and Planning Department have learned from residents, some of the changes made based on that feedback and clarification as to where confusions exist.
For background purposes, we encourage you to also view Parts 1 & 2 of our series:
- The League Presents: Zoning Redesign, Part 1 – May 2022
- Zoning Redesign Part 2: MBTA Communities – October 2022