On June 15, 2023, members gathered at the beautiful historic Allen House for our first in person Annual Meeting in three years. We welcomed old and new members, as well as the students and families of our scholarship award winners.
Everyone was so excited to be together again that the socializing portion of the meeting took much longer than expected. Nevertheless, we managed to accomplish a great deal during the business portion of the meeting. Some highlights include:
- Jen Abbott was awarded this year’s Jane Leighton Award
- Over 20 new members were welcomed
- The 2023-2024 Program was approved, including the adoption of an initiative to review the taxation of Newton golf courses and country clubs
- Changes to our bylaws were adopted which clarified membership status and who is eligible to be a “voting member” of LWVN
- A budget for the new Fiscal Year was approved (see the 2023 Annual Meeting Workbook)
- We gave tribute to these members leaving the Board (for now – we hope some of them choose to come back some time): Andrea Kozinetz, Lisa Mirabile, Linda Morrison, Judy Jaffe
- A new slate of officers and directors was approved:
We welcomed the following new Board members:
Finally, we gave tribute to Bonnie Carter, who has been a member of LWVN for over 50 years and has served in various capacities on the Board of Directors for almost as long. Bonnie and her husband Walter have moved to Concord, MA and, as such, she will not be as active in the LWVN as we are accustomed to. Therefore, we decided to give her a warm and special LWVN acknowledgment.
Thank you Bonnie!!