Marcia Johnson had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Halina Brown, Chair of Newton’s Citizens Commission on Energy. In this program, Halina helps us to learn about the Commission, and the important work it does on behalf of the city and the overall sustainability of our community and world. During our conversation we learned about:
- The Energy Commission: its creation, mission, members, and how it operates
- It’s greatest (recent) accomplishments
- The greatest challenge for Newton in terms of climate protection
- What the Commission is doing to help tackle this challenge
- How LWVN can contribute to the Commission’s work
Halina is a retired professor of Environmental Science and Policy at Clark University and Newton resident for 39 years. Since her retirement from Clark University she has been actively involved in the development and implementation of Newton’s Climate Action Plan. She also is a longtime League member.
Watch the video now