To help voters learn more about the candidates in the upcoming election, LWVN invited all candidates to submit answers to 3 questions and compiled their answers into our
2021 Voters Guide
All candidates were asked to answer the following two questions:
- Q1: What in your background prepares you to be effective in the political office you are seeking?
- Q2: If you’re elected, what will be your first priority? Why? How will you address your priority?
The third question varied by office, as follows:
- Q3, Mayor: How will you ensure that city employees work in a respectful, transparent, and accountable environment that has a strong performance management and development process?
- Q3, Councilor At Large: Please explain what diversity, equity, and inclusion mean to you. Why these are important to Newton?
- Q3, Ward Councilor: How will you make your decision to vote on a proposal that positively affects Newton overall but seems less so for all or part of your ward?
- Q3, School Committee: What is your plan to communicate the Newton schools’ plans, decisions, and programs to residents without children in Newton schools? How will you engage with them?
Find the answers in the 2021 Voters Guide!