Recently, Marcia Johnson had the opportunity to learn more about the West Newton Armory project by having a conversation with members of Newton’s Planning & Development Department: Amanda Berman, Director of Housing & Community Development and Eamon Bencivengo, Housing Development Planner.
The City has been given the opportunity to acquire the West Newton Armory from the state, for $1.00, for a 100% affordable housing project. Please take a moment to watch this informative program and learn more about:
- History, current state, and next steps of the project.
- The Joint Advisory Planning Group (JAPG) process
- Information on the four affordable housing options to be considered.
- What it means for Newton to be designated as a Housing Choice Community.
- Important aspects of this project for the Newton community
- Importance and benefits of a public-private partnership
Watch the video now!