Meeting schedule extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding (see below): CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
August 3 – August 7
|Mon, Aug 3||5:00 pm||School Committee||NA|
|Tues, Aug 4||6:00 pm||Land Use||LUZoom|
|Wed, Aug 5||8:00 am
|Thur, Aug 6|
|Fri, Aug 7||2:00 pm||Housing Authority||HAZoom|
- School Committee: Executive session on bargaining with teachers union on fall planning, notice
- Land Use: agenda
- Fair Housing Committee: Newton Housing Partnership’s recommendation to eliminate the local preference for Riverside, emergency rental assistance, full agenda
- Zoning Redesign Office Hours: ‘Virtual office hours to hear thoughts, concerns, and suggestions from the community and answer questions related to the Zoning Redesign process.’ more info
- Newton Housing Authority: Notice of Board Meeting, no agenda posted
Draft Council Orders
- 7-31 Planning Memo on Zoning Redesign with links to Current Drafting Status page with pages for each article and FAQ page:”Since that time , the City has been slowly leading a comprehensive Zoning Redesign effort to achieve several goals. Most recently in April 2020, the Council Zoning and Planning committee reasserted the primary goals of the Zoning Redesign:
- Housing: A zoning code more responsive to a demand for housing that serves a range of incomes; Promote sustainable community development patterns
- Sustainability: Environmental stewardship, fiscal strength and meeting community needs
- Context: Preserve and protect what we like in our neighborhoods; Encourage new development to fit in the context of our neighborhoods and villages.