A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
July 20- July 23
|Mon, July 20||6:00 pm||Parks & Rec Commission||PRZoom|
|Tues, July 21||8:00 am
|Wed, July 22||7:00 pm||Public Facilities||PFZoom|
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Swimming at Gath, Crystal Lake, and Coves, Dog Parks, full agenda
- School Committee: Fall planning, systemwide goals, superintendent contract, Brown auditorium naming, full agenda
- Newton Housing Partnership: Golda Meir expansion project, partnership initiatives, full agenda
- Public Facilities: Discussion to limit or prohibit the installation of fossil fuel infrastructure, full agenda
- Public Safety & Transportation: discussion with the Administration on walking/biking streets, conversation with the administration on the investigation into the incident with Mr. Tim Duncan, full agenda
- Programs & Services: moving polling stations to protect seniors from COVID, full agenda
Draft Council Orders
- 8-4 at 7 pm, Land Use Petition to amend Council Orders #218-08 and #218-08(2) to allow education use and parking waiver at 141-145 California Street full notice