A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
January 13 – January 17
|Mon, Jan 13||6:30 pm
|Tues, Jan 14||7:00 pm
|Wed, Jan 15||6:30 pm
|Programs & Services||Ed Center 304
Ed Center 111
- Solid Waste: Long Term reduction goals full agenda
- Zoning & Planning: Zoning amendment to “temporarily suspend nominations made by the Historical Commission and the City Council for landmark designations of any land, buildings and structures in the City of Newton in order to allow the City adequate time to review the landmark ordinance and consider what revisions are appropriate. The temporary suspension will prevent and suspend the processing, and approval of any property currently under consideration for landmark designation and will temporarily suspend future landmark designations made by the Historical Commission and the City Council. Landmark nominations made by the Mayor, Director of Planning of Development and the Commissioner of Inspectional Services shall not be affected. This temporary suspension shall end no later than December 31, 2020.” agenda
- School Committee: Equity Update “wide disparity in PTO per student spending” at different schools from $88 to $308 per pupil per year equity memo Sustainability efforts in NPS powerpoint full agenda
- Land Use: Riverside Mixed-Use & Transit Oriented Development, Public hearing on parking waiver for Newton Center restaurant, full agenda
- Community Preservation Committee: Vote on “Mayor’s request to revise the source recommended on 18 November 2019 for $740,000 in CPA funding, from direct funding to debt financing” re: Webster Woods, full agenda
- Programs & Services: Requesting acceptance of Mass General Law to allow distribution of ballot question summaries agenda
- School Committee & City Council: Overview of School Building Conditions and Enrollment Trends, full agenda
- 1-10 Planning Dept Memo on waiver for parking in Newton Center
- 1-10 Planning Dept Memo on the Zoning Redesign process to date
- 1-23 initial public hearing on using the west Newton Armory
- 1-28 7:00 pm Council Chamber Riverside Mixed Use Development notice