A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
November 11 – November 16
|Mon, Nov 11||Veterans Day|
|Tues, Nov 12||7:00 pm
|Wed, Nov 13||7:00 pm
|Thur, Nov 14||7:00 pm
|Zoning & Planning||Chambers
- Land Use: Northland Special Permit and Rezoning, full Tuesday agenda , full Wednesday agenda
- Community Preservation: Webster Woods, full agenda
- Finance: Transfer of $207,500 from snow & ice account to pay for tree damage cleanup, amendments to the fees and management of bulky goods, white goods, and residential moveouts and cleanouts, full agenda
- Zoning & Planning: Public Hearing on the Climate Action Plan as an amendment to the 2007 Comprehensive Plan; Zoning amendments on sustainable design and building efficiencies, full agenda
- Traffic Council: agenda
- 11/8 Planning Memo on Zoning amendments for Building Efficiencies and Sustainable Design
- 11/6 Planning Memo on Climate Action Plan including red lined and clean copies of the plan
- Northland Memo answering Council questions on Transportation Plan “The worst case traffic generation scenario for the City is the as-right development.” full memo
- Draft Northland Special Permit: ‘Provision of a last mile connection to public transit.’ and ‘ The AMI used for establishing rent and income limits for the Tier 1 Units must average no more than 65% AMI.’ added; drive-in businesses and hotel removed; change from 1 year to 60 days after occupancy for sewer flow measurement, and ‘Failure to comply with the Maximum Trip Count for five (5) consecutive Reporting Periods will constitute a violation of this Special Permit/Site Plan Approval and no further occupancy permits of any kind will be issued until the Petitioner submits a Transportation Demand Mgmt Plan (TDM) Monitoring Report demonstrating compliance with the Maximum Trip
Count.’ and full memo (TDM proposal starts on page 46)
- Right Size Newton’s suggested revisions for Draft Northland TDM, including lower weekday morning peak trips 260 versus 289, traffic monitoring starting at 50% occupancy versus 80% full memo
- Thursday, November 14, Climate Action Plan as an amendment to the 2007 Comprehensive Plan; Zoning amendments on sustainable design and building efficiencies, see Zoning and Planning memo and agenda above
- FY 20 Property Tax Classification, Monday, November 18, 7:00 pm, Public hearing on how the Fiscal Year 2020 City of Newton property tax levy shall be distributed among the residential, open space, commercial, and industrial classes of property. Individuals not able to attend the public hearing may direct written comments to City Council, Newton City Hall, 1000 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton Centre, MA 02459 info