A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
December 2 – December 6
|Mon, Dec 2||7:45 pm||City Council||Chamber|
|Tues, Dec 3||7:00 pm||Land Use||Chamber|
|Wed, Dec 4||7:00 pm
- City Council: Northland permits; Zoning Ordinance to create a new set of standards related to sustainable development design (Zoning & Planning approved 8-0); Transfers from Budget Reserves of $207,500 for tree damage cleanup and of $69,000 for new City Council salaries (Programs & Services approved both 7-0) and of $500,000 for vehicle rentals (Public Facilities & Finance approved 7-0); Acquisition of Webster Woods (21 yeas Council of the Whole, 2 absent, 1 abstain); Adopt Washington Street Vision, full reports docket
- Land Use: agenda
- Public Facilities: Discussion to limit or prohibit the installation of fossil fuel infrastructure, $129,250 from the State Fund for Complete Streets engineering, full agenda
- Public Safety & Transportation: $10 application fee for 2-year private diesel shuttle license for LaSalle College, full agenda
- School Committee: High School Principals’ Update, full agenda
- Zoning amendments re: sustainable design and building efficiencies here
- 11-20 Public Facilities report with discussion of Horace Mann and Commonwealth Carriageway Greening Improvements; Complete Street Program update with list of upcoming projects and pictures of completed projects, Early Childhood Program update with images, report
- 11-22 Planning Dept responses to Council questions on Northland re transportation, school enrollment, sewers, report
- 11-15 Summary of changes to Northland Special Permit, ‘removed language limiting obligation to daylight based on Conservation Commission conditions’, ‘clarified that public transit incentives must begin with initial occupancy’, ‘added requirement that petitioner must analyze locating shuttle stop along Needham street.’ ‘clarified that the open spaces must be open to the public at no cost’, full list of summarized changes
- Clean draft of Northland special permit here
- 11-15 Washington Street Vision Plan plan
- 1-23-2020 initial public hearing on using the west Newton Armory