A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
July 22 – July 26
|Mon, July 22|
|Tues, July 23||6:00 pm
|Wed, July 24||7:00 pm||Programs & Services||205|
|Thur, July 17||6:00 pm
|MBTA Commuter Rail||Library
- Newton Housing Partnership NHA Acquisition of CAN-DO Portfolio, West Newton Armory, full agenda
- Land Use Committee agenda
- Programs & Services Committee “PRESIDENT LAREDO requesting consideration of the recommendations of the special Blue Ribbon Commission regarding compensation for the Mayor, City Council, and School Committee.” agenda
- MBTA Commuter Rail Accessibility Improvements Project “consists of providing new, fully-accessible platforms for 3 existing Worcester Line stations in Newton: Auburndale, West Newton, and Newtonville. The project also includes accessible paths between the station and public access points or to accessible parking spaces where possible. Associated track and signal updates will also take place.” notice
- Traffic Council “requesting to modify the parking regulations on Washington Street (Saint James Street to the Boston City Line), in order to facilitate traffic calming and to create bicycle lanes. The amount of parking on the street would be reduced, with parking generally alternating between the north and south side of the street.” full agenda
- Blue Ribbon Commission report
Upcoming Public Hearings
- July 24, 7 pm, City Hall Chambers, consideration of the recommendations of the special Blue Ribbon Commission regarding compensation for the Mayor, City Council, and School Committee.
- MBTA Commuter Rail Accessibility Update meeting. Thursday, July 25th, 6:30 pm, at the Newton Free Library
- TransitMatters Regional Rail presentation on how improved intercity rail can benefit Newton. Thursday, August 8, 7 PM – 8:30 PM Newton Library more info: www.NewtonTAG.org