A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
July 15 – July 19
|Mon, July 15||6:30 pm||Zoning & Planning||Chamber|
|Tues, July 16||8:00 am||School Committee||Ed Center|
|Weds, July 17||7:00 pm||Public Facilities||204|
- 7-15 Zoning & Planning: Zoning amendments for Riverside and short-term rentals, amend ordinances by creating a temporary suspension on landmark designation, adoption of WA Street Vision Plan to Newton Comprehensive Plan, full agenda
- 7-16 School Committee: Superintendent assessment and system-wide goals, full agenda
- 7-17 Public Facilities: Ordinance to replace water, sewer and sidewalks ‘when a dwelling is demolished or substantially remodeled or rehabilitated’, ordinance to codify storm water inflow and infiltration regulations, full agenda
- 7-15 Memo from Z&P Chair to Land Use Chair on Riverside MU3 requests additional filing requirements including Wind and Noise studies, ‘transportation peer review consultant review LFIA’s suggested study area of streets and intersections … as to whether there are areas requiring further study beyond those in the applicant’s submitted transportation analysis and … also review pedestrian and bicycle counts and consider mitigation measures to enhance and improve these modes.’ full memo
- 7-12 Baker Memos on Short Term Rental Ordinance: modifications include a ’90-day limits on the total number of days that can be short-term rented and a limit of 3 bedrooms, a special permit for use of a separate structure, and a special permit for more bedrooms or more time as a bed and breakfast’ plus “The resident operator of the short-term rental must be present on-site during the rental period” memo 1, memo 2
- 7-8 Proposed Washington St Vision Plan to add to Newton Comprehensive Plan
- 7-12 Proposed Short Term Rental with Fees Ordinance and Short Term Rental Amendment here
Upcoming Public Hearings
- July 24, 7 pm, City Hall Chambers, consideration of the recommendations of the special Blue Ribbon Commission regarding compensation for the Mayor, City Council, and School Committee.
- MBTA Commuter Rail Accessibility Update meeting. Thursday, July 25th, 6:30 pm, at the Newton Free Library
- TransitMatters Regional Rail presentation on how improved intercity rail can benefit Newton. Thursday, August 8, 7 PM – 8:30 PM Newton Library more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/658801487928415/