A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
January 28 – February 1
|Mon, Jan 28||
|Tues, Jan 29||7:00 pm||Land Use||Chamber|
|Thurs, Jan 31||
- 1-28 Finance: Ordinance amendment to divest of funds from fossil fuel companies, Authorization to transfer $100,000 from Current Year Budget Reserve to fund increased costs of processing recyclables due to changes in the recycling market. Public Facilities Approved 6-0-1 (Leary abstaining) on 01/09/19 Finance Approved 5-1-1 (Noel opposed, Gentile abstaining) on 01/14/19 City Council Recommitted the item to Finance on 01/22/19 full agenda
- 1-28 Zoning & Planning Discussion on Riverside Visioning Process, Zoning Amendment for Marijuana Dispensaries, Adoption of the Climate Action Plan full agenda
- 1-28 School Committee Class size & enrollment report, full agenda
- 1-28 Parks & Rec Commission agenda
- 1-29 Land Use Northland discussion moved to Feb 12 full agenda
- 1-31 Blue Ribbon Commission: Review output from sub-committee work agenda
- 1-31 Charter SubCommittee: Continued review of Charter Articles and outstanding issues Chair’s memo agenda
- 1-22 Draft Economic Development Strategy Plan
- 1-28 Zoning & Planning amendments to draft Economic Development Strategy Plan: ‘PROMOTE MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY AND COMFORT IN VILLAGES AND NEIGHBORHOODS’ moved to high priority.
- 1-25 Planning Dept Memo on how they determined appropriate zoning for Marijuana Establishments
- 1-28 Planning Dept Memo on assumptions behind the Climate Action Plan
- 1-11 Newtonville and Crafts St. Sub-Areas of Washington Street Vision Plan
- Northland Project Transportation Engineering Peer Review: Full report here
- 1-24 Traffic Council ALD. JOHNSON, LINSKY & ALBRIGHT, on behalf of Cabot Street residents, requesting the installation of a raised crosswalk in the Cabot Street corridor, between the intersections of Cabot Street and Parkview Avenue and Cabot Street and East Side Parkway ACTION: NO ACTION NECESSARY 5-0. report of TC actions here
Upcoming Public Hearings
- 1-28, 7:00 pm, War Memorial Auditorium, Parks & Rec Commission Public Hearing on Auburndale Cove Solar Panel Project & NSHS- Athletic Field Lights
- 1- 29, 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers, Planning & Development Board Public Hearing- Northland Sustainability & Stormwater
- 2-11, 7:00 PM in Room 205, Joint ZAP/Planning & Development Board Public Hearing – Inclusionary Zoning/Washington Street Draft Plan #2