A weekly summary of City Council agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full City Council calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Charter/Elections, Education, Environmental, Finance, Housing, Planning.
January 21 – January 25
|Mon, Jan 21||
|Tues, Jan 22||
Committee of the Whole
|Weds, Jan 23||
|Thurs, Jan 24||7:00 pm||Traffic Council||211|
- 1-22 Committee of the Whole: Public hearing on Stormwater Use Charge Ordinance owners of 5 largest impervious areas in Newton are BC, Mount Ida, Riverside, Newton Cemetery, Newton South High School info on proposal here
- 1-22 City Council: Appropriation of $600,000 for rehabilitation of Allen House (Zoning & Planning approved 6-0); Amendment to increase income eligibility for clause 41A tax deferral program Finance Approved 6-1 (Lappin opposed), Programs & Services Approved 4-0 (Schwartz not voting), authorization to transfer $100,000 from Current Year Budget Reserve to fund increased costs of processing recyclables due to changes in the recycling market.
Finance Approved 5-1-1 (Noel opposed, Gentile abstaining)
Public Facilities Approved 6-0-1 (Leary abstaining), full docket here
- 1-23 Public Facilities: Ordinance amendments for enforcement and fines for sidewalk clearing violations, Authorization to enter into lease negotiations for Solar Phase III project sites, full agenda here
- 1-23 Public Safety & Transportation: Ordinance amendments for enforcement and fines for sidewalk clearing violations full agenda here
- 1-24 Traffic Council: Electric Vehicle chargers and spaces in public lots, requesting a long-term and flexible trial to be followed by potential changes to the official Traffic and Parking Regulations (TPR) for Norwood Avenue, Eastside Parkway, Bridges Avenue, Parkview Avenue. These changes support the opening of the new Cabot School and include changes to various elements of the TPR such as parking regulations, access, and direction of travel. full agenda here
- 1-16 Solar Project Phase III presentation and list of Councilor questions here
- 1-22 Economic Development Strategy Plan
- 1-11 Newtonville and Crafts St. Sub-Areas of Washington Street Vision Plan
- Northland Project Transportation Engineering Peer Review: Full report here
Upcoming Public Hearings
- 1-24, 7 pm, 72 Columbus St (Woman’s Club), Community Outreach meeting regarding Marijuana sales at 24-26 Elliot St.
- 1- 29, 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers, Planning & Development Board Public Hearing- Northland Sustainability & Stormwater
- 2-11, 7:00 PM in Room 205, Joint ZAP/Planning & Development Board Public Hearing – Inclusionary Zoning/Washington Street Draft Plan #2