Thanks to all who joined us today (Sunday) to learn about issues with the state ballot question process! We will meet again in January for the consensus meeting on this topic.
So to help you prepare…a little light reading for the holiday season! Click on the links below to be fully prepared on the pros and cons of each question. We suggest you begin with the first link, and if you want more detail continue with the others.
- Study Guide with consensus questions, background, and arguments in favor and against with expanded Points of View for Question 15 (updated Dec 7, 2018)
- Study Guide with consensus questions, background, and arguments in favor and against (updated Sep 26, 2018)
- Study Report with information on types of ballot questions, processes, information for voters, other states, and finances (updated Sep 26, 2018)
- Addendum to Study Guide and Study Report (posted Dec 6, 2018)
- Appendix 1: Key Players and Terminology
- Appendix 2: Massachusetts Laws, Regulations and Court Cases
- Appendix 3: Statements of Fiscal Consequences
- Appendix 4: Initiative and Referendum in Seven States Other than Massachusetts
- Appendix 5: Additional Resources