LWVMA has started a new program called the Legislative Envoy Program to better link local Leagues with our state delegations. Here is what Legislative Envoys will do (from the LWVMA website):
- Get to know your legislators by attending local office hours (1-2 times per year), following your legislators on social media, setting up meetings for yourself or with a group of constituents, and encouraging your local League to get together with legislators.
- Learn about state League priorities by receiving summaries of bills LWVMA is following, participating in webinars and teleconferences, acting on Action Alerts, and attending Day on the Hill.
- Learn your state legislators’ priorities through regular communication with them and their staffs.
- Serve as a conduit, connecting the state League, your local League, and your legislators.
- Advance state League legislative priorities by working with your legislators.
If you think you might be interested and want to learn more, click here for more info and contact information for Colleen Kirby, the program administrator: Legislative Envoy Information Sheet