Join Green Newton on Monday, April 24, at 7pm in the Drucker Auditorium of the Newton Free Library (330 Homer St., Newton) for the next in GN’s Greening Our Community series, ‘Continuing the Course of Greening Our Community and the World’.
Ann Berwick, Newton’s Co-director of Sustainability, will speak on available opportunities for taking action during a time when Trump Administration policies are reversing the environmental progress that has been made over the last 50 years. The focus will be on what individuals can do. Some of the things that will be discussed as part of this mission include:
- Take action to make your home more energy efficient, drive less and drive a hybrid or electric vehicle, install clean electric heat pumps, compost your waste.
- Join local environmental organizations like Green Newton.
- Donate to national environmental organizations.
- Stay informed on pending state legislation and municipal action, and call your legislators in support of climate protections.
- Show up at demonstrations, support progressive candidates and truth-telling media outlets by subscribing and donating. Your involvement can make a difference!
Ann Berwick served as Chair of the Department of Public Utilities under Governor Deval Patrick, President of the New England States Committee on Electricity, Commonwealth’s Undersecretary for Energy, and Chief of the Environmental Protection Division in the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office.
This event is sponsored by Green Newton.