On September 1, join us for an an interesting and informative evening for voters and candidates alike…
This November, Newton will vote on the question “Shall a commission be elected to revise the charter of Newton?” Hear from a charter expert, a member and an observer of the Everett Charter Commission about the process, the kinds of changes that can result, and the responsibilities of serving on the commission.
Tuesday, September 1st, 7:00 p.m. at the Newton Free Library
This event is free and open to the public
- Marilyn Contreas, charter expert recently retired from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- John Hanlon – member of the City of Everett charter commission that concluded in 2011; current Everett city councilor, past alderman and mayor
- David Flood – member of Everett’s Charter Review Committee; active observer during Everett’s charter commission
On September 3, join LWVN and NewTV on September 3, 2015 for a Candidates’ Forum with all five Ward 2 Alderman-at-Large candidates! The forum will begin at 7pm at NewTV Studios and will ask questions submitted by LWVN members and by the general public. We encourage all those interested to:
- submit your questions for the candidates before the forum by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- join us to watch the forum live in the NewTV conference room.
The forum will be recorded and shown at laters times/dates on NewTV–info on that to follow after the forum. Please note that questions submitted might not be asked in their original form–those on the same topic might be combined and consolidated. We will attempt to touch on all the subjects asked, given the time constraints of the forum. All questions will be kept confidential until the event.