2013 is a Municipal Election year…
- Are you running for public office this year – either as an incumbent or for the first time?
- Have ever thought about running for public office?
- Has someone asked you to be a campaign manager, treasurer, or advisor?
- Or are you a voter who is interested in hearing about the ins and outs of local elected office and running a campaign?
Then join the League of Women Voters of Newton for an informative and lively workshop providing guidance and advice about how to run a campaign for municipal public office in Newton.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013, from 7:00-9:00pm, at the Brigham House, 20 Hartford Street, Newton Highlands.
Each speaker will spend 10-15 minutes on topic, then answer questions from the audience. Our speakers are:
- Jason Tait (Director of Communication & Public Education, MA Office of Campaign and Political Finance) – on MA rules & regulations
- David Olson (Interim Executive Sec’y, Newton Elections Dept; Newton City Clerk) on Newton dates & filing details
- Claire Sokoloff (retiring Chairperson of Newton School Committee) on what School Committee job entails
- Stephen Linsky (retiring Newton Alderman) on job of Alderman
- Melanie Graham (editor of Newton Patch) – how to effectively interface with media interests and opportunities.
(20 Hartford Street, in Newton Highlands, is just off Lincoln St, next to a city parking lot & near the Newton Highlands Green Line T-stop.)