Join the League of Women Voters of Newton for a forum: No Parking? at the Newton Free Library on Thursday, May 17 at 7:00 pm. Co-sponsored with the Newton Free Library.
Explore the fascinating world of parking management, technology and economics and find out:
- If parking policy helps or hurts a business district
- What effect parking policy has on traffic and safety
- What are Newton’s parking rules and where do they apply?
Guest speakers will include:
- Jason Schrieber, Principal at the transportation planning firm Nelson/Nygaard who has developed parking management plans across the country, most recently for Needham and Salem, MA
- Candace Havens, Planning and Development Director for the City of Newton who will outline Newton’s current parking practices and the results of trial experiments with parking policy
- Matt Cuddy, Chair, Transportation Advisory Committee Parking Subcommittee who will explain the TAC’s parking recommendations
Andrea Kelley, Principal in Landscape Design at Rockwood Terrace Consultants, will moderate. She is a member of Newton’s Design Review Committee and past president of the LWVN. A question and answer session will follow the speakers’ presentations.
The program is free and open to the public. The Newton Free Library is handicap accessible.