A weekly summary of Board of Aldermen agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full Aldermanic calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Planning, Environmental, Finance, Charter/Elections, Housing.
|Sunday, 22||1pm||Housing Strategy Location Workshop||NNHS Cafeteria|
|Tuesday, 24||7p||Land Use-Austin St.||211|
|Wednesday, 25||Eruv Thanksgiving|
- 11-22-15 Housing Workshop: Department of Planning and Development, Mayor Warren, consultants This is the third public meeting in a 9-month program to develop a City-wide housing strategy. The purpose of the Housing Strategy Location Selection Workshop is to engage the Newton community in identifying preferred locations for the development of diverse housing units within the next five years.
- 11-23-15 Zoning: 132 Charles St. re-zoning
- 11-23-15 Finance includes: $25K for a two cord electric vehicle charging station at the War Memorial parking circle; $2m to repair the Eliot St. bridge (Newton’s share); Mayor’s 5-year financial forecast
- 11-23-15 School: includes: Discussion and Vote: 2016-2017 School Calendar; Elementary Principals’ Goals Update; Diversity Hiring Report; Enrollment Analysis Report; Facilities Update; Discussion and Vote: Budget Guidelines
- 11-24 Land Use: Austin St.
- Austin St. materials, including draft board order
- News, Notes
- School Facilities update, enrollment analysis, diversity report, elementary principals’ goals report,