A weekly summary of Board of Aldermen agendas and actions highlighting items of interest to the LWVN.
Board and Committee Meeting Schedule
Extracted from the full Aldermanic calendar.
Key to color coding: CPC, Planning, Environmental, Finance, Charter/Elections, Housing.
|Mon, Jan. 16||Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday|
|Tues., Jan. 17||10a
School Committee – Ex.Session
|Wed., Jan. 18||7p
|Programs & Services
|Thurs., Jan 19||6:30p
Public hearing to be assigned for January 26, 2016
- #431-16 Special Permit to allow three attached dwellings at 377 Langley Road 367-377 LANGLEY ROAD LLC., petition for SPECIAL PERMIT/SITE PLAN APPROVAL to allow three attached single-family dwellings, reduce frontage requirements for attached single family dwellings, reduce side setback requirements, allow parking within 20’ of a side lot line and a driveway within 10’ of a side lot line at 377 Langley Road, Ward 6.
Public Facilities & Programs & Services
- request for updates on Library expansion project
- Request for updates on the archives project
- Expend Wells Ave mitigation funds for improvements at Wells & Nahantan streets
Finance & Public Facilities
- $1m for snow & ice
- 1-4-17 Programs & Services: NAN: Approval of conceptual Library design for grant application; allow Library to apply for grant funds for Library expansion.
- 1-4-17 Public Facilities: APPROVED: grant of location, redesign of Harvard at Washington street; NAN: Approval of conceptual Library design for grant application; allow Library to apply for grant funds for Library expansion.
- 1-4-17 Public Saftey: APPROVED: redesign of Harvard at Washington street; default 25mph speed limit for all densely-settled, unsigned City streets;
- 1-9-17 Finance: APPROVED: Recommendation for City Comptroller; temporarily increase comptroller staff; NAN: state municipal modernization law discussion; addition of one to Investment Advisory Committee; grant application for library renovation;
- 1-9-17 Zoning: APPROVED: technical amendments
- 1-10-17 Land Use: APPROVED: 15 Cottage Court (w1): Special Permit/Site Plan Review to futher increase a nonconforming front setback, nonconforming two-family use, and nonconforming structure to construct a mudroom; 242-244 Commonwealth Avenue (w7)Special Permit/Site Plan Review to amend Board Order #416-12(3) and increase the operational controls for the fitness studio use; and 1-55 Boylston Street (“The Street”) Special Permit/Site Plan Review to alter a nonconforming structure, to allow buildings in excess of 20,000 sqaure feet and allow development within 300 feet of a Great Pond; HELD: 79 Kenwood Avenue (w6) Special Permit/Site Plan Review to further increase the nonconforming setback to construct a garage.
- 1-18-17 Programs & Services: sanctuary city ordinances; resolution on Newton’s commitment to tolerance and diversity;
- 1-18-17 Public Safety: sanctuary city ordinances; resolution on Newton’s commitment to tolerance and diversity;
- 1-18-17 Public Facilities: sewer easement on Newtonville Ave; $1m for snow & ice; Salt discussion with DPW
- 1-19-17 Real Property: public hearing Stanton Avenue Water Tower
- 1-19-17 Traffic Council: parking changes near LaSell College during construction; changes to parking meter duration in Cypress St. lot (w6); parking changes on Oak & Webster (w3) to deter commuters; parking changes on Carter St (w2); changing part of Court St. to one way (w2); New yield sign Barnstable @ Hampshire (w2&3); parking changes on Prince St (w3);
Leaf blower documents
Land Use memos
MBTA Focus 40 Presentation